Sunday, October 31, 2010

You're Tweet!

Today was a lazy day where I couldn't stand the thought of housework or laundry so I holed up in my craft room and played with the Imagine.  I liked the little birdie on the banner from the Best Friends cartridge that said "You're Tweet" so printed and cut that out. This past week I've been digging through and trying to use up a lot of my scraps because they are getting out of hand.  I found a piece of brown and pink circle pattern paper that matched the birdie pretty well.  The bird is actually more on the pink-ish side than what it appears in the photo.  I used my Janome Sew Mini to sew the scrap onto the card front.  The paper is so pretty and the pattern is busy enough that I thought it looked just fine without adding any more to the front.  However, because the front didn't have a strong focal point, I wanted to add a bold image to the inside and chose one from the Three Birds on Parade cartridge.  It was so much fun to use the patterns and color pallet from the Imagine cartridges with the regular cartridges.  I tried several combinations and each one really gives the image a different look altogether.  Ultimately, I decided to just keep it simple and chose solid colors for the bird and a small scrap of matching accent paper to mat the sentiment.


It took awhile to finish this card only because it was so much fun playing around with all the possibilities.  Sometimes I think having so many scrap supplies and tools actually causes decision paralysis.  Lol!

Thank you for looking and please come back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

**I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments**